Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Word of the Day!

Today's word is подождите! In english podojdite!
It means wait! I chose this word because I almost did not make it off the bus today and needed to yell wait. But as I was stuck behind this very large woman in the isle of the bus (and she was not even getting off at my stop!) I realized I did not know the word for wait in russian and so I said it in english. Luckily another woman near by realized whatever I just said meant I needed to get off the bus and told the driver to wait, in russian this time. So next time I will know to yell подождите!

3 comments:

  1. Boy, how great that there are helpful people all over the world, that you made it off the bus, and learned a new word in the process! Hope the rest of the day went as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,

    Your mom just gave me your blog address, and I read all your posts. I really enjoyed reading about your experiences in Russia. Please keep posting so I can hear all about your year there. You are a terrific writer and I want to hear more.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Auntie Jennie,
    I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading the posts! I hope everything is going well for you too :)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete