Nothing too big has been happening around here. We are still getting used to the commute and the classes but I'm very excited to report that I can understand a lot of what my teachers talk about in class despite the fact that they are all in Russian! We have now had all of our classes at least once and we even got a free day today. Still the most frustrating thing is that we don't have a schedule. Its all so confusing because it changes everyday and most of the time we aren't told about the next day until right before we go home. But I guess that is life, in Russia at least, and I'm getting used to it. Almost none of the classes start right on time which is nice because if the bus is running late its not too much of a worry. Hopefully tomorrow they will have a set schedule for us and our student cards so we can get discounts! And most importantly a bus pass because 15 dollars a month sounds much better that 60 for transportation. Other than class there hasn't been too much going on. We get a little bit of homework but its nothing like I'm used to at Juniata so that is quite nice.
This weekend is the 422 birthday of Volgograd so there is a festival happening in the city. We are going to hopefully meet up with some of our Russian friends so we can see all the festivities of the weekend and maybe meet some more new people. I will let you know how the weekend goes but for now its getting close to bed time for me seeing as 7 am seems to come much quicker than it should.
Пока :)
This weekend is the 422 birthday of Volgograd so there is a festival happening in the city. We are going to hopefully meet up with some of our Russian friends so we can see all the festivities of the weekend and maybe meet some more new people. I will let you know how the weekend goes but for now its getting close to bed time for me seeing as 7 am seems to come much quicker than it should.
Пока :)
Пока...cute sign off
ReplyDeleteBe sure and take picture during the festival.
But wait, I dont know what Пока means! Please help those of us who are still in the Russian for Idiots phase of learning!
ReplyDeleteПока means till next time or till later. But the festival might be a no go for today cause its supposed to rain but maybe tomorrow though cause its a two day thing
ReplyDelete