So I actually had a class today! It was our Russian speaking class. Here classes are an hour and a half but ours was closer to an hour and fifteen minutes today because of traffic. I left plenty of time to get to the bus station and get on the 10:00 bus but apparently the roads had different plans for me. When I went to get my ticket she said we could not buy them yet even though it was only about ten minutes before the bus was supposed to be there. By listening to conversation around me I was able to understand that the bus was already full. So I had a few minutes of panic, I didn't know if there was another bus I could take or if I need to take a marshrutka. Luckily there was another bus at 10:30 and I got a ticket! On the drive to Volgograd I discovered the source of our delay, an accident and many many many cars on the road. Somehow the bus navigated the traffic and dropped me at the bus stop at 11:23, just enough time to be about 4 minutes late to class but the professor did not mind. I also didn't feel too bad because one of my classmates came in after I did because of the traffic as well.
Once we had all arrived, we began some reading practice so our professor, Ana, could get a feel for our level. We decided on which book to use and they are going to order us the books which is great because then I will have my own copy. To our surprise when class ended she told us we could go because we didn't have another class today. It was nice to have the rest of the day to roam around but I'm still quite confused as to the schedule we will end up having. We apparently have two classes on Monday and need to be there at 930 so that will be another adventure to look forward to!
Once we had all arrived, we began some reading practice so our professor, Ana, could get a feel for our level. We decided on which book to use and they are going to order us the books which is great because then I will have my own copy. To our surprise when class ended she told us we could go because we didn't have another class today. It was nice to have the rest of the day to roam around but I'm still quite confused as to the schedule we will end up having. We apparently have two classes on Monday and need to be there at 930 so that will be another adventure to look forward to!
I guess traffic is a pain no matter where you are in the world! Glad you had a good first day of class sweetie!
ReplyDelete