So for halloween we went to a school instead of having class. We organized halloween games, facts and music to share with the kids. Through the process of interacting with six different groups of kids all from second to ninth grade I learned some Russian words associated with halloween so I thought I'd share them with you :)
So they are listed with the russian word first, the english pronunciation and then the meaning.
ведьма - vedma - witch
призрак - prizrak - ghost
тыква - tikva - pumpkin
монстр - monster - monster
летучая мышь - letoochaya mish - bat (literally flying mouse)
черная кошка - chyornaya koshka - black cat
мумия - moomiya - mummy
призрак - prizrak - ghost
тыква - tikva - pumpkin
монстр - monster - monster
летучая мышь - letoochaya mish - bat (literally flying mouse)
черная кошка - chyornaya koshka - black cat
мумия - moomiya - mummy
What is Boo?
ReplyDeleteYou should figure out how to say goblin and bumble in russian so we can have russian nicknames!! :) And then you have to teach mom how to say "Bumbles Bounce!" in russian!! :) Miss you, Cant wait to see you! Skype soon I have so much to tell you!!
ReplyDeleteand speaking of bumble, I can't wait till we get to Christmas words so we can recite all of Rudolph in Russian! :-) or maybe just our favorite prhases
ReplyDeleteMom: Boo is шиканье. In english shikanye.
ReplyDeleteSara: Goblin is just goblin so thats easy. And bumble isn't in my dictionary but according to google translate to bumble is заикаться (zaikatsya) so just a regular bumble might be заикатне (zaikatne). Maybe I'll find rudolph in Russian and watch it to find out :)
Auntie Cheryl: If you have any requests for words just let me know :)