Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Word(s) of the (few) day(s)!!

So here is another catch up of Russian words so get ready to learn!

The phrase for the weekend is могу ли я иметь...? In english mogy li ya imet...?
It means can I have...? (you can choose what to fill in the blank there). I chose this because I keep wanting to ask for something and don't know how so here it is. Feel free to add a пожалуйста to the end of it if you are feeling really crazy!

The word for yesterday was музыка. In english moozika.
It means music. I chose this one especially for yesterday (and then promptly forgot to post it) because Sara and her host mom invited me to a concert last night and it was so amazing. It was the Moscow Men's Chamber Choir. They had two parts to the concert. The first was a cappella, my favorite! And then after a short intermission they changed outfits (from black to white suits) and really put on a show. There was dancing and they really interacted with the audience. It was so cool to see. I've decided that concert choir needs to bring a costume change and some synchronized dancing to the second half of our concerts too. I will definitely suggest it when I get back :) Oh and in Russia apparently it is acceptable to walk up on stage in the middle of a song and give flowers to a performer you like. I think I may bring this to Juniata too.

And today's word is найти. In english naieti.
It means to find. I chose this word cause I think being able to find things is very useful and knowing how to say it is even more so :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of costume changes and dancing at you choir concerts! I would also be very proud to be the first to bring you flowers at one of your concerts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, we like the idea of flowers! :-)

    ReplyDelete