Sunday, August 21, 2011

Getting nervous...

My papers have finally come in!!!!!! When the invitation letter got here I went with dad to DC and we applied. I was nervous at first cause I thought we would have to wait for a long time in line and then finally get an interview and then present papers. But there was no line and no interview, we just handed the documents over. Now I am fully authorized to enter the country (which is good because I've had the plane ticket for awhile). Now I just really have to concentrate on packing the only problem is that its kinda hard to fit all of my stuff for a year in suitcases. But here's to trying!
In other news I talked to Zhenya, the girl from Russia who is studying at Juniata while I go live at her house in Volgograd, and she is liking Juniata a lot. I hope I like Volgograd as much as she likes Juniata. Also I got a friend request from her mom on facebook today and we chatted in Russian!!!! I did pretty well understanding her and getting my point across and Im proud to say I only used Google translate for a few words! However there was a long delay on my part when I was figuring out what cases to use and things like that so hopefully I won't totally stumble in face to face conversation. But she was very nice and I am excited to be living with her for the next year. Welllll I should probably go pack now since I do leave in LESS THAN 5 DAYS AHHHHHH!
Ta ta for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment